EQUS has developed mission and vision statements that communicate our purpose and goal.
Together we deliver quality electrical services.
To enrich the lives of our members by delivering more than power.
At EQUS, the work that we do is guided and driven by our mission, vision, and values. As a values-based organization we strive to factor our values into both our day-to-day operations and the strategic planning that directs those operations.
- Accountability: We own our actions and deliver on our promises, holding ourselves and each other to our commitments. We ask questions, challenge ideas, learn from our mistakes, and celebrate our successes.
- Community: We support both internal and external communities through cooperation, engagement, service, and stewardship.
- Knowledge: We seek and share our wisdom and expertise to develop both individually and collectively through continuous improvement, learning, and innovation.
- Quality: We provide an excellent standard of work, service, and interaction through our committment to safety, integrity, and efficiency.
EQUS is a co-operative and, therefore, owned by the members who use its services.
All co-operatives around the world are guided by the same seven principles:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Co-operation among co-operatives
- Concern for Community
To learn more about co-operatives in Canada, visit the Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada webpage.